Thursday, June 11, 2009

Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned — Extended Play


It's been a very long time since my First Impressions. Ironically, blogging is eating into my gaming time, so I'll keep this brief. Most of my gaming time, both at home and on-the-go, has been with Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. You can read my full review for that by clicking here.

As for GTA4:TLAD, more of the same pretty much describes the gameplay here. There seems to be a lot more shooting in TLAD than there was in IV, which is fine, except it can get repetitive after a while. The "improved" bike physics aren't improved enough. I still can't power slide around corners on a bike the way I can in a car. I tend to slide sideways for several yards and slamming into a wall before I start moving in the direction I'm facing. Unfortunately, a lot of missions require a bike, or at least make it inconvenient to use anything else.

The new weapons are nice. I'd rather have the desert eagle than the semi-automatic pistol that replaced it, but the rapid-fire automatic shotgun is hot, and the grenade launcher is much easier to use on ground targets than the old RPG.

The story has improved, as have the characters. I've also reached a point where I can call a couple of my Lost brothers for back-up, which comes in handy during missions, or even just mischief making. There was one mission I failed twice, so on my third try I called for back-up while on my way to the objective, and by the time I got there my brothers were by my side, ready for action.

I'm going to try to get this game finished by the end of the month. Hopefully, I'm further in the game than I think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment